Lots of neat things were going on today in class! Here’s the breakdown…
- We celebrated the birthday of one of our classmates.
- We practiced printing some ‘m’s.
- We went to Library where Mme Marin read “deux livres” (two books) and students took out “deux livres”.
- We started learning a new song about pumpkins.
- We played outside. It was raining a bit but the sun was shining. We thought we’d see a rainbow but did not find one.
- We had snack.
- We did calendar (today the special helper picked sunny as our weather.
- All the kindergarten students had their screening today (vision, hearing, and dental). Results were sent home today.
- We enjoyed playtime (during playtime I do my best to practice all the sounds we’ve learned so far with each student individually. Today I used this little booklet I made in a couple of minutes. You may want to make one at home and add sounds as we learn them. The pages go like this: s, a, t, m, sa, ta, ma, and for more fluent readers I added a few challenge words, table, maman, papa.)
- We had a very successful first Pizza Day! Thanks to all the parent volunteers who made it possible!
- We talked about the number “deux” (2) and brainstormed different ways to represent the number.
- Students did their own representations of the number 2.
- We sang some songs and read a book called Les pommes with Division 16.