Here’s a recap of our day together…
- We practiced printing the letter ‘c’.
- We played.
- We did calendar together with the special helper.
- We played some pretty fun games with our transportation vocab cards. (We each had a card and then we had to find the right group (air, land or sea)).
- We played a sentence making game with cards that said “Voici” “.” and a transportation word. I gave our the cards and then students had to work together to make sentences. This worked out great! Everyone was engaged and learning actively. (I learned this strategy at the recent Pro D day workshops I attended)
- We did our first journal entry in our journal books. I was SO impressed. Everyone wrote a sentence and some students even chose to do two! Please look at the pictures to see their awesome writing!
- We had our usual cloud time
- We talked about empathy (a hard concept to explain).
- I read the story Hey, Little Ant, a great story about empathy.
- We talked about how facial expressions give us clues about how somebody is feeling.
- We sang a few transportation songs with Mme Tardif’s class.
- The students had gym with Mr. Unger
That was our day in a nutshell. I hope you are finding these posts helpful. If there is other information you would like me to include please let me know.
Tomorrow at recess, the Dixon Dragonflies are selling roasted pumpkin seeds in the library for 25 cents a bag.
See you tomorrow!