Today was my birthday!
I received some very lovely cards and a delicious treat to share. I also had something put on my desk at the end of the day and I didn’t get a chance to say thank you and I don’t know who put it there! Merci!!
Today we had a productive day. Here are some of the things we did today:
- We started talking about the letter ‘n’ and discovered that quite a few names of Division 15 students have ‘n’s.
- We coloured the ‘n’ page in our phonics books.
- We had playtime. I went to a garage sale on Saturday and found a backpack full of dinosaurs and stuff for $2.50! I also picked up some puzzles for a very good deal!
- The students had gym after recess with Mr. Ferguson.
- We did calendar together. Did you know we’ve been at school for 9 days so far in November?
- After calendar, we read some simple books about transportation.
- We practiced counting with partners while doing the clapping thing I explained last week. We got to 20 no problem!
- We sang ‘Petit avion’, one of my favourites about transportation.
- After lunch we had cloud time and we managed to fill up our jar with marbles! Tomorrow afternoon students will get an extra playtime in the afternoon as the reward for filling our jar. I emptied our jar and we will try to fill it up again!
- We did a transportation math activity where we had to count how many of each different type of transportation. This was a challenging task that took quite a while to complete but the students showed great concentration and perseverance to complete it!
- A few students had time to complete an airplane puzzle activity.
- We enjoyed a special treat ‘butterfly pretzels’. They were so yummy :)!
See you tomorrow!