I can’t believe it’s already Thursday tomorrow! I guess when you’re busy time flies!
Firstly, my apologies for not being in the classroom at 8:30 a.m. two days in a row! I’ve had quite a few meetings this past week.
Today we kept quite busy. Here’s what our day looked like:
- We played a bit with our sounds, we made some small words with the sound ‘n’.
- We began playing but then had Library from 9:30 – 9:50.
- We returned to class to continue our playtime.
- We cleaned up and luckily we were able to go outside for recess.
- We did calendar followed by some signing (we’re practicing the French alphabet).
- We did some reading with a simple French reader with some transportation vocabulary. We’ve been talking about how in French there are ‘girl’ words (féminin) and ‘boy’ words (masculin). In our booklet there were two ‘boy’ words (un autobus and un avion) and two ‘girl’ words (une bicyclette and une voiture).
- After we practiced reading our booklets a few times, students coloured their pictures and when they were finished had some free time on the whiteboards.
- We enjoyed our pizza at lunch time, it was so delicious!
- During lunch it was an ‘inside day’ because of the heavy rain. Students played inside nicely; however, we had a few issues arise when it was time to clean up. This gave us an important opportunity to talk as a class about a few things.
- We had a class meeting about what happened and we figured out some strategies that will help us avoid a similar situation down the road.
- After our meeting, we had the best cloud time we’ve ever had! It was so quiet I couldn’t believe it! Students earned quite a few marbles for being so quiet.
- For math, we worked a bit with our egg carton ten frames and then students had some math sheets to work on. Please take a look at the pictures to see how your child did with numbers to 10!
Thanks for reading!
P.S. Photo retakes are happening this Friday at 1:05 p.m. I’m pretty sure I remember who’s having a retake but if you could just remind me in the next day or two that would be great! Thanks.