Yes, we did it again! We filled our jar with marbles from doing and saying nice things to each other.
We did a few other things today too:
- We practiced “Petit garçon” this morning. (Click on the link to see the YouTube video and lyrics to this song).
- We started playing but went to the Library at 9:30.
- We continued playing after Library.
- After recess we did calendar.
- After calendar we learned a bit about the democratic process and we voted between two choices of rewards. Watching a movie Friday afternoon received the most number of votes. Then, we made a list of possible movies we could watch. Some titles I had never heard of before. I told the students I would make the final decision. I would love your help picking an appropriate movie. Also, if you own a particular movie please let me know so I don’t have to go and rent it.
- After lunch we had our reading time followed by some math activities. We played the 10 frame game online together as a class.
- We played a math game in partners with ten-frame game boards, dice, and counters. Each person rolled the die and made the number on their ten-frame card. Then, we saw who had more and we figured out how many more. The person with the higher number got a point and at the end of the game the person with the most points won the game. Students played very well together!
- At the end of the day we practiced “Petit garçon” with Mme Tardif’s class as well as some other holiday songs.
If you’re reading this and it’s before 8:30 p.m. you should really go check out the Dixon Craft Fair. There are some really neat vendors and lots of fun activities for the kids. I hope I win those Canuck tickets!
Tomorrow is Hot Dog day! Friday is pyjama day/movie reward day!
See you tomorrow!