Tis the season of sneezes and sniffles and I’m hoping I make it through this very busy last week before vacation. I’m notorious for getting sick the last week of winter vacation. One year I missed everything, the concert, the parties everything!
Today was a pretty normal day for us. Here’s what we did today:
- We began our day with some table ‘work’ choices.
- We began our study of the letter ‘p’.
- Students coloured their ‘p’ page in their phonics workbooks.
- We played.
- After recess we had gym and right after gym we went to Mme Tardif’s class to do some singing.
- It was lunch time already!
- After lunch we quickly lined up and went to the gym to do a quick practice walking onto the stage. We will practice this again tomorrow since nobody is in the gym between 1:00 and 1:15.
- We got back to class and finally got around to doing calendar.
- We had a shortened version of cloud time for 15 minutes. The majority of students decided to draw quietly but a few people rested too.
- We did a writing activity. I really wanted to get a writing sample from everyone to include in their portfolios for December. I was very impressed with everyone’s efforts. Some students copied random words from the pocket chart that had nothing to do with the picture but even the act of copying words is a big accomplishment for Kindergarten! A few students came up with really great sentences using simple sentence starters!
- After students finished they could choose to play a math game we’ve already learned. I must say, everyone really likes the math games. They are so good at figuring out who goes first and following the rules for the games.
- It was already time to go home.
Just a few reminders… Tomorrow’s painting craft has been postponed to Thursday. Please send your child to school in grubby shirts that day or send a shirt that he/she can wear overtop of their shirt (I hope that made sense).
Please sign and return report card envelopes at your earliest convenience.
See you tomorrow!