We all survived the first week back from vacation! I must admit I was pretty worried about how everyone would adjust back to routines but I must say I was pleasantly surprised with how things went this week.
Here’s what we did today:
- Our phonics activity today was writing letters and small words on the whiteboards. I would say a sound and the students would have to write the corresponding letter. We did some small words in French too! We practiced papa, dodo, le, la, ta, sa and a few others.
- We had playtime.
- We did calendar. Today’s practice show and tell item was a small plastic toy dog. The real show and tell starts on Monday!
- We went to the computer lab today and the students could choose to either play on Kidpix or explore Photo Booth.
- After lunch we had our ‘quiet’ time reading, resting or drawing. We practiced our whispering skills and the volume was much lower today.
- After cleaning up from cloud time, we had to have an impromptu class meeting to address a few issues that had come up.
- We did a Fairy Tale math counting activity. This one is very similar to the one we did with transportation back in November.
- We ended the day with some free time, which in hindsight was a terrible idea. I should have known better! Oh well, we made it to the end of the day!
Please keep an eye out for next week’s newsletter in your inbox.
Have a lovely weekend!