Today was a good day despite an onslaught of muddy shoes after recess! I guess the fields are pretty muddy from our rather wet weekend.
Here’s what we did today:
- We started with our new letter/sound of the week ‘g’.
- Students coloured the ‘g’ page in their phonics books.
- We had our playtime and I read with almost everyone. I’ve got to get in the habit of doing this at playtime because next Monday is when home reading starts officially. I also have to get the students used to the idea that I won’t be available to them as readily as before.
- After recess, the students had gym with Mr. Ferguson. They continued gymnastic rotations and had some Grade 7 helpers with them today.
- After gym, we did calendar and had our fist official show and tell. It was a very cute Webkinz dog.
- After lunch we had cloud time. We are continuing to work on the concept of whispering.
- I read the students a few of the home reading books to begin to familiarize them with the format of these books and some of the more challenging vocabulary.
- We did a Fairy Tale math graph.
- Students drew on the whiteboards.
- We began to learn the words to ‘O Canada’ in French.
- Food Day orders were handed out.
Just a few reminders:
- Please bring in a cardboard egg carton for a Chinese New Year craft.
- This Wednesday is PIZZA DAY! Pizza is $2 a slice, juice is 50 cents and bring a re-usable plate.
- Please make sure report card envelopes are signed and returned to me. Thanks.
See you tomorrow!