Finally Friday! These five-day weeks can feel really long sometimes!
Today we kept ourselves quite busy. Here’s what we did today:
- We did a journal page in our phonics books with the sound ‘g’.
- We played.
- We did calendar and had two show and tell items.
- We went to the computer lab.
- We had lunch.
- After lunch we did some partner reading. We read a booklet I made about Goldilocks and the three bears.
- We then had some cloud time, most everyone coloured the booklet for a little while.
- We played the connect four math game again but this time I told the students they could put down two counters that added up to their roll of the die.
- We read another one of the home reading books. I explained to the students the home reading procedures which start Monday. I also showed them how they could read with Mme Robinson at home by using the class blog. They thought this was pretty neat!
Today your child brought home a pink notice. If you want you can order your child a stop bullying t-shirt to wear on February 29th (pink shirt day). T-shirts are $6 each and you can order youth sizes small, medium, large or extra-large or adult sizes small, medium, large, or extra-large. Orders must be in by the 19th of January. Pink bracelets are also available to order, they are $1.50 each.
Please look for this week’s newsletter in your inbox this weekend.
See you Monday!