It’s days like these that I’m thankful we don’t get a lot of snow! I must thank the extra helpers I had at recess and lunch today to help get everyone dressed and out the door. I’ve asked a few of our big buddies to come and help us over the next few days.
Today was a typical Monday. Here’s what we did today:
- We began talking about the letter ‘f’.
- Students coloured their ‘f’ phonics page in their phonics books.
- We played. I read with everyone in the class.
- We cleaned up earlier than usual at playtime and had our snacks.
- We got all of our snow gear on and headed outside to play.
- We had gym with Mr. Ferguson.
- We did calendar with the special helper of the day.
- After lunch we started with partner reading for 10 minutes and then we had some regular cloud time.
- We learned another new math game. This game is a number race. You roll the die and advance your counter to see which number wins.
- We started a three bears puppet project. Please feel free to work on and keep this at home. A few students borrowed pencil crayons and crayons from me. Please return those back to school.
Just a few reminders:
- If you are interested in buying a pink t-shirt please send in the money and the size you’d like by the 19th. Bracelets are also available to order. They are $1.50 each.
- Please return the field trip permission form along with the $4.50 to me by tomorrow.
- Scholastic orders are due by Thursday.
- Please send mittens or gloves for your child to wear at recess and lunch.