I’m really hoping this was our last snow day! Hopefully it will be all washed away by Monday.
Here’s some of what we did today:
- This morning, students completed their ‘journal’ page in their phonics books. They came up with sentences using a word with the sound ‘f’ in it.
- Students played quite nicely today.
- Students had their snacks and played outside despite the light drizzle.
- We did calendar and guessed the show and tell object. It was a pretty cool remote control car. Everyone had a turn operating it.
- After calendar, I was planning on taking students to the computer lab but I totally forgot and instead we did a partner activity with cut up words from the three pigs. Partners made sentences with the cut up words and glued them on a paper.
- It was then time for lunch.
- After lunch we had some partner reading time followed by some ‘quiet’ cloud time.
- We talked a bit about Chinese New Year and I showed the students a few books on the subject. Then, they worked on a dragon craft which only a few of them finished. We’ll work on them again next week.
Monday is a Pro-D day in the afternoon only. Students will be dismissed at 11:30 a.m. on Monday!
Please look for this week’s newsletter in your inbox sometime this weekend.