The title of this post has a few key words from the day. Today was Twin day. We had a few sets of twins and a set of triplets in class today. The banana bread sales were a big success today and the student council raised $350! The jewels (fake of course) were a big hit today when it came to decorating our Valentine’s day bags.
Here’s some more of what we did today…
- This morning students wrote sentences in their phonics books. They are getting better and better at this every time!
- We had playtime. I read with everyone during this time. You can keep the little reader (Des coeurs partout) at home.
- After recess we did calendar followed by show and tell. We learned a new little song for Valentine’s day as well.
- We went to the computer lab.
- After lunch we had our big buddies visit to make/decorate Valentine’s Day bags with us. They all turned out great!
- We finished the day with our partner reading and some cloud time.
I’ve been hearing A LOT of French the past few days and I am really impressed! I’ve given out tons of pennies (paper ones) and I will set up the class store next week. I went to Staples and the Dollar Max on #3 Road tonight and got a lot of great merchandise for our class store.
The first Dixon Dragon Paws draw was held today and unfortunately nobody from Division 15 was a winner this week. I’ve been given out paws everyday so eventually someone will win!
I will send out the class newsletter hopefully tomorrow sometime. Enjoy your weekend!