Yes, today there was another birthday! We now have two six-year olds in the class!
Today was pretty much a regular Monday. Today we:
- Started learning about the sound ‘ch’.
- Coloured the ‘ch’ page in our phonics books.
- Had gym with Mr. Ferguson.
- Did calendar with the special helper and guessed the secret object after many questions and a hint.
- Brainstormed words to describe a picture. We didn’t have time to get to the writing part.
- Visited Mr. Hunter’s class to see the grade 4’s science projects. We saw some great posters and presentations!
- Did some partner reading and listened to a few students read.
- Did cloud time.
- Learned about our new weekly jobs. Everyone is responsible for a specific task at the end of each day. We will rotate jobs weekly. I overheard someone saying how good it felt to be helping to clean the classroom!
A new fundraiser was announced to the students today. The student council is collecting any spare change from now to the 29th of February. We have a special box in our class where we can put our spare change. Also, Friday is funky hair day.
I forgot to mention this in the newsletter for this week, Scholastic orders are due this Thursday the 23rd.
See you tomorrow!